Tuesday, January 5, 2010

You want to do what now? Day 2 of 35 days to 35

Okay...so today on my adventure seemed to be harder than it should have been. My plan was to buy lunch for the person behind me in the drive-thru. Problem one: I didn't eat lunch til like 2:15 so there weren't that many people eating. So I sat and waited at the beginning of the line to wait for someone to pull up behind me. I waited for like TEN MINUTES! I hate to admit it, but were it not for this plan, I would have just said, forget it, I'll do it tomorrow. But I waited....and I'm glad I did. But then we get to problem two: the woman working the window was so confused by my asking to pay for the next car's order that she had to call over the manager. The manager then comes to the window and says "Now what do you want to do?" I explained that I simply wanted to pay for the food that the people next in line ordered. After a few more minutes she came back and said "Okay, I think we got it figured out." I was biting my lip not to laugh, but then I thought "damn, is it so bad that people can't wrap their minds around the fact that someone wants to do something nice for someone else?" As I was driving away I saw the lady at the window explaining to the next car that her order had been paid for. I was gonna wait to see her face but I didn't really need to. It felt good. Actually it felt kinda awesome. I think I am gonna do this once a month...and I hope that people will pay it forward.
So I am really liking this thing so far. Today was cool...tomorrow might be a little more challenging!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful gesture. My motto this year is: "Consider Someone Other Than Yourself" and this act of kindness is a great example of that. Bravo to you.

    ~AquariusSoul~
    http://aquariussoul.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete