Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Me and Master Trusty - Day 3 of 35 days to 35


Today's activity was one that I have truly been thinking about for a long time. To understand why, you have to understand my competitive nature and the fact that I am a bit delusional. See, I have always had the grandiose idea that there are certain things that I would be PHENOMENAL at if only I had the training.....tennis, volleyball, and martial arts. I envision myself kicking ass at one of those martial arts tournaments and people saying "Wow! She's amazing! A natural! She just started training and she is so good!" (I TOLD YOU THEY WERE GRANDIOSE IDEAS! By definition they are not at all modest! LOL).
So today I went to Five White Tigers Marital Arts studio and signed up for Tae Kwon Do classes!! I am so freakin' excited I can't stand it. I couldn't take a class tonight but I did get my fabulous uniform...without the belt. Master Trusty (yes, that is really his name!) said that you have to earn everything there, even your white belt, so after a few classes I will earn that. Now of course my mind immediately went to "Damn, I wonder how fast I can earn it? I gotta be the one who has earned it the quickest!" So my plan is to attend my first class in the next few days. I'm totally stoked....and more than a little worried that some kid or old person is gonna kick my ass and make me look like a fool. So I am working on embracing my grandiosity and truly believing that I am the next karate kid! Master Trusty better watch out...they have NO idea what they are in for!

2 comments:

  1. You are CRAZY!! I love it though. You asked me to check out the blog and I found out that you are longer-winded than I am!! I scrolled all the way down to the bottom to start with Day 1...I'll eventually work my way up to the current day (really looking foward to "Dancing Queen". You should publish these little jewels once you reach 35!! Right now, it's 5:30 and I have to let the puppy out and get ready for school, but I'll be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete